Pitti Palace Florence

The Pitti Palace is situated on the hill of Boboli and was constructed in the second half of the XV by Luca Pitti, rich florentine merchant. Giorgio Vasari attributes the plan to Filippo Brunelleschi to which Luca Pitti commissioned it about the 1440.

The structure of Pitti Palace is the same of the model of rinascimentale palace: a cube the whose height is equal to the depth, with one style in stone obtained from hills of Boboli typically fiorentino. The surface is subdivided in three plans, a balcony crosses the entire facade and under the roof it is present one loggia.

In 1919 was decreed the passage of all the assets to the Italian State; today it is center of many between the most prestigious museums in Florence.

Where we are


No comments inserted

To leave a comment please register (fill out the form below) or login